Skip links and keyboard navigation

Payments to victims of crime

If you are a victim of crime, a Queensland court can order the person who committed the offence to make restitution or compensation.

court may refer the order to us so we can collect the payment on behalf of the victim.

Allocation of payments

Money we collect from offenders is paid towards compensation and restitution court orders under section 112 of the State Penalties Enforcement Act 1999.

If the offender has multiple compensation and restitution court orders, money collected will be allocated in order of priority assigned by the court.

However, we have to collect the money from the offender before we can pay any outstanding court orders.

Receiving a payment

The easiest way to receive money owed to you is by electronic funds transfer (EFT).

Electronic transfer

To receive payments by EFT, complete the form for payment to:

Complete the form and send it to us by email, post or fax.



The Registrar
GPO Box 1387


(07) 3220 6711


We can also process payments via cheque. We will post a cheque to you once we have received the full amount from the offender.

If your contact details change

Make sure your contact details with us are kept up to date.

You can let us know online or by post.

If you are changing your name, you need to send us a copy of the official certificate.


Under the Information Privacy Act 2009, we can only provide the following offender information to a victim of crime:

  • if the offender has paid the full amount
  • if the offender is currently paying by instalments, but not the type of arrangement
  • that the offender is being investigated, but not what the investigations are
  • that enforcement action has been issued against the offender, but not the type of action
  • that the offender's current circumstances are preventing compliance or enforcement, but not the circumstance
  • that the amount owed has become unrecoverable, but not the reasons why.

We are committed to recovering money owed to victims of crime, using all appropriate ways to finalise outstanding court orders.

Last reviewed:
22 March 2018




Rate this page

Did you find this information useful?

Please provide your name and your phone number or email address if you are happy for us to contact you with any follow-up questions:

We will only use your personal details to contact you to discuss your feedback. We will not use this information for any other purpose without your consent unless authorised or required by law.