Skip links and keyboard navigation


If you receive an enforcement order and wish to dispute the associated fine, you need to contact the relevant agency or court that issued the fine. We cannot make the decision to waive a fine issued by an agency or an order issued by a court.

Check the front page of the enforcement order to identify the type of debt.

Types of notices

Infringement notice

If you disagree with an infringement notice, you need to contact the agency that issued the original fine (for example, the Traffic Camera Office for a speed camera offence). You should try to resolve the situation with that agency first.

You can also request to go to court; however, you need to apply before the due date on your enforcement order. To arrange to have the matter heard in a Magistrates Court, you should either:

  • write a letter (including your full name, date of birth, current address and phone number)


  • complete the return slip found on our enforcement order (ensure you select the appropriate option and sign and date the form).

Send the letter or return slip to us by:

GPO Box 1387
Brisbane Qld 4001
07 3220 6711

We will advise the issuing agency. They will then send you a court date in a ‘complaint and summons’ letter.

Court order

If you disagree with your court-ordered fine, you need to contact the court that originally heard the matter.

Offender levy

If you disagree with your offender levy, you need to contact the court that applied the levy.

Offender debt recovery order

If you disagree with your offender debt recovery order, you must contact the offender debt recovery program on 1300 856 721.

Late notification

If an infringement notice or court summons couldn’t be given to you directly (e.g. a parking or camera-detected offence), the address on your vehicle registration may have been used by the issuing agency to post the notice or a reminder to you. Having an out-of-date address on your driver licence or vehicle registration could result in late notification.

Note: When you change your address, you should update your details with all relevant agencies.

You can change your details with us online.

Last reviewed:
20 January 2017

Issuing agencies

Many issuing agencies are listed on our Links page.



Change my contact details

Update your contact details with us online.




Rate this page

Did you find this information useful?

Please provide your name and your phone number or email address if you are happy for us to contact you with any follow-up questions:

We will only use your personal details to contact you to discuss your feedback. We will not use this information for any other purpose without your consent unless authorised or required by law.