Skip links and keyboard navigation

Unclaimed funds

If you have overpaid a debt or have a compensation or restitution payment owing to you from a Queensland court, we may have sent you a cheque. If you haven't cashed the cheque, we will contact you to arrange to have the funds transferred to your bank account.

We may contact you by phone, post or SMS. The text message we send will have instructions on how to apply to reclaim your funds.

Apply for your payment

Follow these steps to apply to have your funds transferred to your bank account:

  1. Download an EFT application form.
  2. Complete the form and sign it.
    If you don’t know your party ID number, call us on 1300 365 635.
  3. Provide supporting documents with the form:
    • A copy of a bank statement that confirms your name, BSB and account number. This includes bank accounts held in joint names.
    • Evidence of a change of name (e.g. marriage certificate) if you are known by other names.
  4. Email or post your completed EFT application form and supporting documents:

After we process your application, we will deposit the funds into your nominated bank account within 4 to 6 weeks.

The Public Trustee

After 2 years, we are required to transfer all unclaimed funds to the Queensland Public Trustee. The Public Trustee is responsible for holding unclaimed money on behalf of Queenslanders.

Learn about unclaimed money in other states and territories:

Last reviewed:
14 December 2017




Rate this page

Did you find this information useful?

Please provide your name and your phone number or email address if you are happy for us to contact you with any follow-up questions:

We will only use your personal details to contact you to discuss your feedback. We will not use this information for any other purpose without your consent unless authorised or required by law.