Skip links and keyboard navigation

Fine collection notices

We may issue a fine collection notice if you receive an enforcement order and you fail to act within the time specified. Debts can be collected through:

  • your bank account
  • employee wages
  • other organisations that hold money on your behalf—for example, Golden Casket, insurance companies or the Queensland Police Service.

Fine collection notices are compulsory. You cannot appeal our decision to enforce your fine in this way.

The fine collection notice will be sent to your bank, financial institution, employer or relevant third party, and a copy will be sent to your last known address.

We will not release details of the offence that you have allegedly committed to anyone without your authority, unless required to do so by law.

Bank account funds

We may order your bank to transfer money from your bank account by either:

  • regular deductions at a rate determined by us


  • a lump sum up to the value of your outstanding debt.

It is an offence to attempt to avoid the fine collection notice by withdrawing funds from your bank account before the deduction occurs. A substantial penalty will apply if you are found guilty.

Employee wages

We may order your employer to take regular deductions out of your wages or salary at a rate determined by us.

It is an offence to fail to comply with the fine collection notice. Penalties will apply if your employer is found guilty.

Changing a fine collection notice

If you cannot afford the amount being deducted from your pay or bank account, we may be able to change the notice.

You can write to us with the following information and we will assess your financial situation to determine if the deducted amount should be changed:

  • the reasons why you cannot afford the amount being deducted each week
  • a full list of your income and expenses
  • copies of any documents to support your claims.
Last reviewed:
20 January 2017




Rate this page

Did you find this information useful?

Please provide your name and your phone number or email address if you are happy for us to contact you with any follow-up questions:

We will only use your personal details to contact you to discuss your feedback. We will not use this information for any other purpose without your consent unless authorised or required by law.