Debt collection process
We manage debt in line with our debt collection process.
No matter what stage of the process you are at, you still have options available to you.
A fine or order has been issued
Your debt starts off as one of the following:
- an unpaid infringement notice
- a court-ordered penalty
- an offender levy
- an offender debt recovery notice.
If you don't pay, it may be registered with us.
If you don't act, your debt may escalate to the next level and enforcement actions may be taken.
If you don't act on your enforcement order, we can:
- suspend your driver licence
- direct your employer or financial institution to deduct funds from your pay or bank account
- register an interest over your property
- immobilise your vehicle
- seize and sell your property.
- Last reviewed:
- 11 January 2017